Windows 7 December 1st, 2009 Windows 7 64, Critical Update Problem

RedKMan

I turned my computer on this morning,it booted up as normal and I noticed a critical update was downloaded. Turned it off after 4 hours of usage. Turned it back on 3 hours later and nothing but a dark screen and a long continuous beep, pause, then beep again. I powered down, waited, powered up and it booted into system repair. I choose try and repair only to be hit with a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. I then powered down, waited and booted again choosing load windows as normal. It booted into windows OK but then BSOD me again. I managed to get in again was in the process of attempting a system restore from November 26th, 2009 critical update and BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION hit me.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed as an upgrade over Vista Home Premium. Both 64-Bit. Vista never caused any hassle and if anything ran faster than this peice of....

It has to be this update causing the problem has nothing else has changed. If I do a complete fresh install the updates will have the same effect again. So the answer is don't download the updates and make the computer open to security threats perhaps???

Anyone know what this most recent critical update has done? Any advice? I'm seriously pished off.

Many other people are having this problem.
Microsoft released this patch and now everyone is getting either BSOD's or black screens.
Sorry I can't help you right now but I'll be sure to post any information i come acoss.
:)

just as an ideea,do u remember wich update did u installed exactly?
thanks.

Also, have you attempted to boot in safe mode? press F8 after you turn your computer on and select "safe mode with networking" if it works, you can uninstall the update or do a system restore.

Many other people are having this problem.
Microsoft released this patch and now everyone is getting either BSOD's or black screens.
Sorry I can't help you right now but I'll be sure to post any information i come acoss.
:)
This may help run at your own risk
If anybody wants their fix here is the website. It may be better to let Microsoft issue one. If you need it now here is a link

Link Removed due to 404 Error

The fix can also be downloaded from here

?Black screen of death? for some Windows users - Security- msnbc.com/

The windows patches which seem common to the issue arising are listed below:
KB915597 and KB976098

I managed to get her working last night, did a succesful system restore to before the updates and all seemed fine. This morning however I turned her on and got beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp, pause, beeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppp. So I took out all the peripherals, changed plug sockets but she wouldn't boot.

I then opened her up gently pressed in the two ram sticks even though they didn't seem loose blew in that area even though I could see no dust. Did the same for the Graphics card. Plugged everything back in, fired her up and voila.

I'm too scared now to download any updates from MS though.

This might work for others.

Back
Top Bottom