Windows 7 delete NVIDIA Corporation folder from TEMP folder

loafty

Honorable Member
can anyone please tell me what I have to do to remove the Nvidia corporation folder out of my Temp folder, it won't do it in normal mode and when I do it in safe mode it deletes it but when I restart computer it is back in there.
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64, hoping someone can help me please.

Temp folders and files are common issues. They are usually created by wanted and unwanted updates and upgrades. They may stay there with some encrypted names like, drawn out of the hat, 7bskrhfm1007397... or anything.

a. Run a cleaning program like CCleaner. To check and fix your registry too.Temps are usually no problem, they just hang there taking some space. Inactive.
b. Why do you want to get rid of it?
c. If it won't delete, you could try Unlocker, http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/ --- although I don't think this is the problem.
d. If it restarts every time, it's probably because you have an auto update, you should be able to change it from NVidia settings, or the new update hasn't installed, which is the most probable answer. It'll start update, until it's satisfied. One solution is to check directly with NVidia, do you need an update? I don't think the temp is dangerous.

e. If you get a message like "Requires admin", you'll probably be able to do it by just clicking "Continue".
f. Messing with files and folders is dangerous, unless you know what you do.

Hope there's some help? Main thing is, computer works?

Last edited:
hi Pauli, I tried what you suggested but still the Nvidia corporation folder is still there, tried cccleaner that says it has removed it but when you go to the temp folder and look it is still in there. it is a real pain as there seems nothing I do will delete it from temp folder

I am running Windows 7 ultimate 64 but anyway bassfisher6522 I have complete control but that doesn't help delete this rotten folder, Thanks anyway, think I am going to be stuck with it mmmmm

There are several temps in Windows. Which do you refer to, I guess it's by the name "NVidia Corporation", I have 7 of them folders. Never had problems with them, they are attachments to NVidia = Graphic card, sound stuff, etc.

I also have 4 Audios by NVIDIA, as you can see in the http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t350/Hamarahakki/DeleteNVIDIa.jpg

Unless you have a true problem with your computer, I dare say you only want to "fix it" when nothing needs to be fixed?

Courtesy, Yours.

pauli, I know what you are saying but it just annoys the heck out of me it being there and by there I mean in App Data/ local/ Temp folder. I would just prefer it gone that is all

In my turn, I understand what you're saying. I'm used to having a pretty heavy hand in clearing, results both good and bad. Bad results have made me more cautious.

I would advice to use CCleaner, instead of going "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?" App Data may not be that simple. You may find some good info by a search with "appdata local temp delete".

Just to bungle in the jungle may not be the wisest,

Back
Top Bottom