Windows 7 Deleted User Account Reappearing

bebens

I'm unable to delete a user administrator account that was created by a program on Hiram's boot disk. The user account was created to delete a password on another administrator account.

I can run 'control userpasswords2' and delete the account, I can delete the account the normal way in User Accounts Control Panel, but each time I reboot, the account reappears. When I delete the account I can log off and log back on without seeing the deleted account. It's when I reboot that I have the problem.

The problem account was created in Vista before I upgraded to Win 7.

If this is the built-in Administrator account then it CANNOT be deleted. But you can hide it.

Try this:

(Run as admin)
Start => cmd => type: net user administrator /active:no

I've been able to disable the account per the instructions from "cybercore". What I don't understand is that in "Users" I have an "Administrator" account as a built in account and I have this offending account which I call "Temp". When I try to change the membership of "Temp" from "Administrator" to "User", the change takes for the session, but on the next boot, Temp is added to the "Adminstrator" group again.

Back