Windows 7 Dell Dock error at start up and other problems.

InitialKev

Honorable Member
I'm having the following problems.

1) Getting the Dell Dock error after booting up. Says "The Dell Dock's language file, which is necessary for its operation, has failed to load. Please check your Dell Dock installation"

2) Windows Troubleshooter doesn't run. Says "A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting."

3) Cannot open image files with Windows Photo Viewer. Says "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because you don't have the correct permission to access the file location."

4) Cannot save in MS Paint. Tried to save a screenshot to post but couldn't.

5) Quickbooks program will not open.

This is the second time these myriad of problems has occurred. The first time it happened I ran virus scans and sfc /scannow in the CMD. I tried to do a recovery from an earlier point which failed.

Nothing I tried fixed the problems but after about day it somehow fixed itself and everything returned to normal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Copy the DellDock folder in your documents folder, download and re-install the Dell Dock program. Copy the old Dell Dock directory back. You can probably re-install or repair Quickbooks to resolve the issue as well.

Hi,
It would certainly help if we had the Make/Model of your Dell laptop and the Dock model and there are hundreds of variations and combinations. Of course, hoping that Neemo's suggestion will fix it for you.

If it doesn't, and you'd be willing to share your specs on the computer we can better advise you. There are many laptop and dock models that have known problems, and I've seen quite a few over the years. We can suggest some things.

The symptoms you suggest point to a system failure in the laptop however. Do any of these problems you listed occur when the laptop is NOT plugged into the Dock, or do they only occur when the Dock is plugged into the laptop? It would be helpful to know that.

Regardless of the answers, have you tested your Hardware yet? Specifically Hard Drive and RAM memory sticks? If you are the original owner of this laptop and you've never replaced the hard drive on it, chances are very high that your hard drive is failing or has failed entirely. You should know that modern era laptops (ones made in 2009 or later) have Hard Drives that are only designed to last 2 years;:eek: your laptop is 7-8 years old and the older your laptop and it's original Hard Drive are the more likely you have a failing/failed Hard Drive which needs replacing.:( Replacement Hard Drives are available online for under $100 for most laptops these days.

Should you wish to test your Hardware yourself, take a look at my free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE here:
Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Thanks and Good Luck to you,:clover:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

I have the Dell Inspiron N5010 with Windows 7 which is over 5 years old. My original hard drive failed last year and I had to replace it with a Samsung Solid State Drive. The dock I'm talking about is not a physical dock but the "app" that comes with Dell laptops. It's basically the shortcut bar.

The first time this happened the problem somehow resolved itself without me doing any of what was suggested.

Back