Windows 10 Dell g7 15 7588 Power Problem (Help)

Beaniesteve

So my laptop is 2 years old, it worked fine while i was gaming, now when i play my fps drops from 60 to 15 and stays in between 20, 15 and even lower than that, but when i disconnected my laptops charger my games started to run 50 to 40 and 30 fps and it stayed like that for a really long until my battery run out, so what can it be? is my charger broken? is my house not powering my charger enough? My temps for cpu is 80 degrees C and my gpu is 70 degrees C, so i dont think i need to apply thermal paste or do i need to?

If it works fine on battery but not plugged in I would look at your power plan settings for plugged in. They're probably set to power saving or throttling performance.

Just to add.....that cpu temp is kinda high. When was the last time you blew out the laptop? It should be done at least on a monthly basis if not bi-weekly...IMO.

Yes....power adapters do go bad. If you do replace it....make sure you go OEM (Dell) and not some generic charger.

Just to add.....that cpu temp is kinda high. When was the last time you blew out the laptop? It should be done at least on a monthly basis if not bi-weekly...IMO.

Yes....power adapters do go bad. If you do replace it....make sure you go OEM (Dell) and not some generic charger.
I thought the temp was normal cause those are the temps when i game, the last time i blew out the dust from my laptop was two weeks, i did diagnostics on the battery and it didn't have any issue according to Dell

Either through control panel > Power options > select your plan > advanced settings or through the command line with the powercfg utility.

If those temps are when the computer under load then they're acceptable temp, you can check the manufacturer site for temperature ranges for your CPU.

Either through control panel > Power options > select your plan > advanced settings or through the command line with the powercfg utility.

If those temps are when the computer under load then they're acceptable temp, you can check the manufacturer site for temperature ranges for your CPU.
it still didnt work :(

Back