Windows 7 Dell Inspiron one crashes intermittantly with bsod (unmountable boot volume

geno368

Extraordinary Member
I am working on a Dell Inspiron 2205 all in one touch screen running Win 7 home premium 64 bit with 4 gb ram and 500 gb hd.
The original problem was lock ups on an irregular basis. Of course I eliminated virus and malware infection. I ran several diagnostic programs including memtest and PCcheck on the MB, processors and hd...all passed with consistancy. The hd showed no errors or bad sectors. However I don't understand that you can just be surfing for an hour or so and it just freezes and the bsod error is:
unmountable boot volume error code: ox000000ed(oxfffffa8004c3e060, 0xffffffffc0000006)
Last week, I finally completely re-formatted(not repaired) my hd and re-installed Win 7. It operated fine for a couple of days and then crashed again. I set the os not to auto boot on crash. It is running fine right now, but I soon expect it to crash again.
I would appreciate any suggestions...

There is a BSOD forum with a sticky that explains what you might need to get a Blue Screen problem analyzed. If you are getting an actual Blue Screen crash, the dump file can be analyzed for possible help.

Are you showing any problems (errors) in the Event Viewer?

Yes, but I don't know which log to look at and am not sure I know haw to analyze it...Thanks

On Event Viewer, expand the errors and look at each group. You can double click on and get more information. If you see something that seems to appear consistently, let us know what it is.

From the attachments, you can see the Bonjour Service is causing me many errors, so I need to look at that. The second attachment shows what the error is.

Here is the BSOD sticky http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

Attachments

• Event.GIF
    Event.GIF
    67.8 KB · Views: 601
  • Event2.GIF
    Event2.GIF
    86.8 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom