Windows 10 Detailed Video about Windows 10...

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I'm in the process of watching this video, so far it's pretty informative, looks like we are in for some changes. LOL

What I'm seeing looks pretty good to me, I'm especially looking forward to Cortanna, I've been a computer voice geek for a long time.

Tonight while watching TV, I asked my iPad, did Doris Day die?
It just replied, "No", I'm trusting that's correct.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-cen...microsofts-windows-10-january-briefing-event/

Mike

The x-box demo was nice... the lag on her end was upsetting but she was playing over wifi.

I am seriously looking forward to the Cortana voice recognition and the HoloLens. These could really make Microsoft appear to a lot of people as being an innovative and groundbreaking company again, and for good reason, if they actually work as intended. Admittedly, it looks like HoloLens has a long way to go, but, if the latest information is of any usefulness, it looks like Cortana will be built into Windows 10.

It does look like something pretty exciting. It was an excellent chance for MS to introduce the device, but, was it part of Windows 10? Not sure myself??

Surface Hub And Windows Holographic
On Wednesday during a Windows 10 event, Microsoft officially announced a future-focused augmented reality platform called "Windows Holographic." Its overall aim is to blend your digital life with the world you're living in.
The Surface Hub, a major, unexpected hardware announcement from Microsoft. It has nothing o do with Windows. The company's rolling out the Surface Hub, an 84-inch, 4K, touch-enabled display for office collaboration. "
And on the Holo:

"We're dreaming beyond virtual worlds--beyond screens," a Microsoft representative said.
Part of Windows Holographic is the "Microsoft HoloLens" headset, which you can see below. It's the "most advanced holographic computer the world has ever seen," Microsoft says.
It's fully untethered, and features see-through HD holographics. It also includes spatial sound, allowing you to hear sounds all around you. It also has advanced sensors that can capture environment information. What's more, the HoloLens features a built-in GPU and CPU.
"We invented a third processor. A holographic processing unit," Microsoft said. "The HPU gives us the ability to understand where you're looking, to understand your gestures, to understand your voice, to spatially map your environment, to run without wires ... all in real-time."
It also sounds like Microsoft's new holopgraphic technology doesn't intend to compete with virtual reality companies such as Oculus VR.
HoloLens will work entirely as a standalone device--you won't need a phone or a PC to use it.
We'll have more on HoloLens and more in the time ahead."

P.S. I had to come back on this. I finally got the connection. I now understand that this device will use the so-called "Apps", which will, in the future, be of course, on Windows 10. Anyone who has those skills will be able to write an App.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm in the process of watching this video, so far it's pretty informative, looks like we are in for some changes. LOL

What I'm seeing looks pretty good to me, I'm especially looking forward to Cortanna, I've been a computer voice geek for a long time.

Tonight while watching TV, I asked my iPad, did Doris Day die?
It just replied, "No", I'm trusting that's correct.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-cen...microsofts-windows-10-january-briefing-event/

Mike
Hi Mike. I fell in love with her donks ago. You might like this:

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the video.

I'm so old I saw all those movies with her and Rock Hudson and practically every other leading man in Hollywood, when they were new!

A lot of people forget that she started out as a big band singer, and was the Billboard number one female vocalist for many years.

She was really big in the 50s and 60s, she still looks pretty lively for 90.

I hope I do as well. LOL

Mike

I was a 5 years old when she started, so that I don't recall. But I do remember her singing "Sentimental Journey" , on the radio at the end of the war.

Darn. Off topic. Sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom