Windows 7 DHCPv6-client....Errors in event viewer.

pcah9

DHCPv6-client.Does any-one know why im getting loads of these errors in admin events and how to put it right.?

same problem but no solution

I see exactly the same error every 7 min under Administrative Events 'Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x00215C7D4A0F. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.' Pretty much the only error I get. Does not seem to matter that much but would be nice if fixable

I see exactly the same error every 7 min under Administrative Events 'Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x00215C7D4A0F. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.' Pretty much the only error I get. Does not seem to matter that much but would be nice if fixable
I have found out how to stop all the errors,it is very simple.
p.m. me if you want to know how.

ahh found the solution on Tech Net :)

apparently this error occurs because the network card isnt ipv6 compatible

to stop the error message simply turn off the ipv6 useage in Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings -> Right mouse click on the network adapter -> Properties -> Uncheck 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)' -> Press OK.

I didn't have to reeboot for this to take effect :cool:

thank you tech net :D

Back