Windows 7 Different BSOD errors

Dmethros

View attachment minidump.rar
When i get the laptop, was here insatalled Win 7 Home 64 bit. I formated HDD and installed Win 7 professional 64 bit . After that BSOD errors started. I have tried solve this by myself but without success. Please help me!!!

Hi there, welcome.

1) Update Broadcom ethernet driver from laptop manufacturer's site:

b57nd60a b57nd60a.sys Sun Apr 26 07:14:55 2009

2) Update Broadcom wireless driver from laptop manufacturer's site:

bcmwl664 bcmwl664.sys Tue Jul 07 20:45:04 2009

3) Uninstall MagicDisc. Replace with PowerISO.

mcdbus mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

4) Update Intel Matrix Storage driver from laptop manufacturer's site:

iaStor iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009

Hi

I done all this steps, only Intel Matrix Storage driver can't update, because i have the newest drivers and the problem don't gone, still BSOD :(

No, the Intel Matrix driver you have for sure is not the latest.

You can post new crash dumps and also update that as well.

Which model do you have?

I have updated both drivers but the Intel Matrix driver that i have insatalled is same with that one you gave me. I uninstalled my old drivers and installed drivers from link you gave. Now let's see, does BSOD errors gone or not. And thank you for helping!!!

1) You have a driver that was never on the system before that is very old and needs to be removed. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete psadd.sys.

Reboot.

2) Intel Matrix driver is still not updated:

iaStor iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009

Download from this link again:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18064/eng/Intel%20Matrix%20Storage%20Manager%20v8.9.0.1023.zip&lang=eng&Dwnldid=18064&ProductID=3154&keyword=%22intel+matrix%22eng

Extract it to a folder. Then double click on iata_cd8.9.0.1023.exe to update it.

3) Visit your laptop manufacturer's site to download and install the latest Intel video driver:

igdkmd64 igdkmd64.sys Fri Jul 03 12:42:03 2009

I updated Intel matrix driver, but it's doesn't changed ''iaStor iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009''.I think that it's the newest release, because i have installed drivers from the link you gave me. At manufacter site was only one video driver for my computer, i think that's also the newest release. So there was again BSOD errors, one was yesterday (05.11.2010) and two was today (06.11.2010). I attached this time a file with more information, i hope it's useful. :)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.rar
    949.9 KB · Views: 280
I'm absolutely certain there is a 2010 iastor.sys. The crashes I see also make me think your old version is the culprit. It could also be faulty RAM or incorrect bios settings.

I'm going to look into getting the 2010 file itself for you to overwrite yours. In the meantime, you can download and run CPU-Z. Post a screen shot each of the spd tab and the memory tab.

Download my attachment and extract it to a folder. Copy the iastor.sys file inside.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename iastor.sys to iastor.BAK

Then paste the one you copied from the download here to that folder. Reboot.

(The driver is from 3/3/2010.) And also, let's see those screenshots.

Attachments

• iaStor.zip
    284.7 KB · Views: 234
Screenshots

It's funny, that on the manufacturer site the drivers are old ones

But Thank you anyway!!!

Attachments

• pics.rar
    101.7 KB · Views: 205
I think we've found the cause. Your memory is very underclocked and set incorrectly in the bios.

Go into the bios settings and Load the Optimized Defaults. Save. Reboot to Windows and make new screen shots.

Good luck.

You're welcome. Has the machine crashed yet after the Intel driver update, out of curiosity?

no, it hasen't crashed but i have compared pics and i dosen't find any change.

Attachments

• pics2.rar
    103 KB · Views: 182
Yep, the memory is unwell in the bios settings. Adjust it properly using the last column in the spd tab and it's values. Also, adjust the frequency to be proper @ 533 MHz instead of 400 MHz.

Auto settings in the bios should do all this, for the memory. If not and you need manual tweaking help, you can consult your motherboard manual or the manufacturer of the RAM.

Also update the Intel Graphics Media driver from laptop manufacturer's site:

igdkmd64 igdkmd64.sys Fri Jul 03 12:42:03 2009

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom