Windows 8 Difficult question about taskmanager

MrJackson

Hello people,

I would like to know if it's possible to setup a configuration with task manager that starts a p rogram as soon as it sees an executable in a directory.

i.e : Lets say i have a file called adobe.exe and when I put it in a directory called C:\Adobe it should start automatically. So it's like a trigger, everytime I put the adobe.exe file in the folder it should start automatically.

If someone knows something about this I would really appreciate some help!

Thanx in advance

You would use the task scheduler within computer management to fully configure programs with time delay options however it's not Muppet friendly… like the regedit, you can kill your system from playing in here.

A possible work around;
You can use the old start up folder to run any program (and most file types) at system start up… you didn't tell us your system so I will assume 8.1,
1. Right click the task bar and select new toolbar,
Screenshot (50).png

2. Copy this code into the bar "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" (the quotes need to be straight, not the 66 and 99 that office sometimes wants to use)
Screenshot (51).png

3. This gives you the old windows list and any program/ file icon placed into the start up folder will run at start up time.
Screenshot (52).png

4. I recommend making a temp desk top short cut for easy testing… any icon can then be copy | paste into this folder to add it. Just delete the desk top shortcut once you have it working well… this is only a marker and doesn't affect the actual folder.
Screenshot (53).png

5. Finally, now that you have something in the start up folder (I used my text-aloud program for this demo) it will appear in the task manager, start up list and you can track how much extra start up time is added to your system boot.
Screenshot (54).png

Back