Windows 7 digitalpersona don't work

vincent

My laptop is Hpdv2743.I had to do a full install of Windows 7, so I have to reinstall everything. I reinstalled the fingerprint reader software-digitalpersona 4.0-but it won't let me register my fingerprints. It warns that the fingerprint reader is not connected.

I have the same problem with my HP TX2050. I can set it to logon using biometric control panel but Digital Persona just reports that fingerprint reader is not connected. Tried removing the logon and deleting all settings in biometric control panel, uninstalling and re-installing DP but it still reports FPR is not connected.

FPR is Authentec AES 1610
DP is 3.0

Last edited:
Same problem!!!

Hi there!

I have the exactly same problem.... I have a HP HDX 16... Someone with a solution please????

so no one knows any fixes for this??????

i didn't have a problem with it until i went from the 32 bit version of 7 to the 64 bit version. it worked fine in the 32 bit version.

so no one knows any fixes for this??????

i didn't have a problem with it until i went from the 32 bit version of 7 to the 64 bit version. it worked fine in the 32 bit version.
U mean that it worked well in your 32bit version of Win7?What's your Digitalpersona version?4.0?

yes, i used it with the 7077 build, and it worked to perfection. i only found a problem with it when i switched to 7100 x64.

I finally got it to work in Windows 7 32-bit build 7100. Here is what I did:

• Download version 2.01 of DigitalPersona software
  • Install on existing system
  • Export data
  • Boot into Win7
  • Install 2.01
  • Reboot
  • Reset properties for each of 7 EXE files
  • Reboot
  • Register a finger print
  • Import data saved in step 3
Step 1:

Download from here:

http://download.cnet.com/DigitalPersona-Password-Manager/3000-18501_4-201746.html

Step 3:

Export is available as an icon choice in the system tray. Save to a file for use in Step 10.

Step 7:

The run properties for each of the 7 EXE files in the DigitalPersona install need to be adjusted. The files are:
DPAgnt.exe
DPConsol.exe
DPExpImp.exe
DpFpLogonManager.exe
DpHost.exe
DPRunDll.exe
DPWinLct.exe

Select each and set as follows:
  • Compatibility tab
  • Press “Change settings for all usersâ€Â￾
  • Select run in Vista mode
  • Select run at admin near bottom
Repeat for each of the 7 EXE files

FYI, I did a clean install of Win7, making it a dual boot with my existing XP Pro SP3 install. When the dust settled, the Microsoft FingerPrint Reader works fine in Windows 7 and has all the same settings and web sites as it did before in XP Pro

i have hp pavilion dv7 installed windows 7 had issues with finger reader digital persona using lastest persona 4.0.1 windows 7 ultimate 64 bit you have to find where software is installed mine was c;/swsetup/sp43883/setup and right click run as administrator and it worked.:rolleyes:
progress.gif

Back