Direct X June update

Re: DirectX update

Well the driver will have stuff relating to Direct x and I'm just trying to cover all the bases so to speak. So like I said un-install the graphics driver and then run the sweeper.
Now install the latest driver.
Then get the latest sound driver (believe it or not but sound drivers also have stuff relating to direct x)
Now try direct x update again..

Just as a after thought, I often go into the Nvidia users forum and can testify that it's a helpful place. If we still get no joy with your problem, you could try posting there. Who knows maybe someone has had the same problem and can offer a solution..
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=idx

I uninstalled the nvidia components and realtech, then used the driver sweeper and re-installed in safe mode. The driver sweeper said it cleaned all objects, but 5 nvidia objects remained within the windows32 folder. Those would not be removed even after trying more than once. After going into safe mode, the directx download would not validate, but i had a setup on the c drive already and tried to use that for installation. The driver would not install. I reinstalled motherboard nvidia drivers, graphics drivers, and the audio drivers. Tried directx again and it failed. In the process of doing this, i lost the nvidia graphics control panel and i am unable to SLI the cards. Windows is failing to detect one of the nvidia .dll files on start up.

I have no clue as to what is going on or why i am losing basic control options that should exist following driver installation. I guess i will have to reinstall vista from scratch and start over at this point. I don't really have the time this weekend to do it, but i might try to squeeze it in.

Those 5 remaining nvidia objects are probably the default driver that comes with vista so don't worry too much.. I agree with you on the re-install and personally I would have done it long before now but as I say thats on a personal level.
When you do the fresh install please,please make sure that you install SP1 after the os. Don't put anything else on before it as this is the best way to apply service packs.
Once it's on, then apply the graphics and sound drivers.
Finally I'm sorry that this problem is still plagueing you and really hope the fresh install will be the solution needed.

I thought I'd add this link just in case you were getting the direct X from somewhere else:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Minor update.

Vista re-install went faster than i thought it would and the system seems more stable now. Only thing different that i can tell, is that the admin password is set properly now and asks on start-up instead of automatically entering windows. Directx installed properly and i can see all the files on the machine correctly. Nvidia and motherboard components appear to be functioning properly now as well.

I am not done with complete system setup at this point (disk came with SP1), but it is behaving like i expect windows to operate at this time. Thanks for your time and efforts, since you did some searching that i wasn't able to locate on my own partially due to my limited time.

I'm pleased it eventually worked out well for you. :) Please post again if you need further help..

Microsoft has released the November Update for DirectX. It is generally recommended that all Windows users update their DirectX for optimal performance and compatibility.

DX11 Hardware

Taken from Fudzilla:

Industry sources have told us that both Nvidia and ATI are planning to launch their DirectX 11 cards before the end of the year. Windows 7 will bring the new DirectX 11 to market, and manufactures hope that Windows 7 will boost falling PC and notebook sales.

Both companies are working hard to finish their DirectX 11 parts, but it might take some time before we see the first DirectX 11 game on the market. This is likely to happen at some point in 2010.

We don’t know who will be the first one and who will end up being faster, but some info indicates that both chips will end up being 40nm, however this is something that we cannot confirm at this point. The future is, let's hope, bright, and it brings a lot of frames per second.

Fudzilla

Microsoft has released the DirectX March Update. It is generally recommended that all Windows users update their DirectX for optimal performance and compatibility, but it is not critical to do so.

Dx11 video

Taken from vr-zone:
Nvidia DX11 Ocean tech demo - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews
The demo shows a real-time simulated ocean under twilight lighting condition. To obtain good looking wave crests, a rather large height field has to be employed. With Microsoft's newly introduced DirectX Compute Shader we can efficiently perform FFT on GPU, thus greatly improving the performance and image quality.

The water surface is mainly modeled after Jerry Tessendorf's statistic method described in the paper "Simulating Ocean Water", which is one of the most popular techniques used for water effect in todays games. Although the algorithm itself is capable of producing visually impressive result from a presumed statistic model (Phillips spectrum), previous implementations are often limited to a relatively small height field, e.g. 64x64 or 128x128, due to the slow FFT code path on CPU. For example, the demo shown here executes three 512x512 Fourier transforms on a per frame basis. On a GTX280, the transforms can be finished within 2 milliseconds. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Direct X 11

Not really researched this but will DX11 be available for Vista and will the current crop of high end graphics cards support this too or are there going to be specific DX11 cards??

Thanks.

Phil.

Back
Top Bottom