Windows 7 Disk not initialized, incorrect funtion.

MrX

This error happened almost a week ago, whenever I connect my internal WD 500GB HDD, it doesn't shows up in my computer, when I got to Computer Management, it says Disk 2 not initialized, when I click initialize it, it gives me an error "Incorrect function".

iTJ1G.png

I try to connect it to a different PC but it gives me the same error.

I do not want to format it either, because my whole projects, docs, photos and videos are there.

Please help.

- MrX

You say you connect it internally - what interface and was it the same connection to the other pc you tried?

When you connect it internally and you use a sata cable....what sata port (# of sata port) and what type of sata cable are you using?

Can you please fill in your system specs....all indavidual hardware pieces, especially the type of mobo you're using.

Well, the fact it will not work on two different computers is not a good sign.

The Disk Management window, showing the "Not Initialized" notation, does not look like a normal uninitialized drive. If I remember, it will normally show the space, even though not useable.

I will see if I can find a drive that will show uninitialized. Until then, you may want to download something like Partition Wizard to look at the drive. Maybe it could repair the partition and save your data.

Has the drive been making any strange sounds lately, or were there any messages about it?

Have you checked the Event Viewer to see if any errors show up regarding the drive?

Attachments

• Uninit Drive.gif
    Uninit Drive.gif
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,360
Last edited:
Back