Windows 8 Diskshadow 32 Bit Version (6.0.6002. 18005)

jayel49

I've been using the 64 bit version of Diskshadow to backup my laptops for some time now with no problems. However when I amended the scripts to backup a 32 bit tablet the 32 bit version of Diskshadow generates the following error message:

diskshadow.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ??1CVssFunctionTracer@@XZ could
not be located in the dynamic link library

Could any one please explain what this means and how I can correct it?

Thank you

Mike

For 32bit, you have to install the 32bit version. Else you do not get the 32bit .dlls.

Sorry I should have made it clear I have downloaded the 32 biit version. It is this version that is giving me problems. I've been using the 64 bit program for some time without trouble.

If a .dll is missing, the .iso must have been corrupted or it was mucked up later in the system. .dlls are subroutines that programs make available for general use. That means that a .dll of program A can be also used by program B.

Best way to correct the problem is to reinstall the program. Then the .dll in question should be installed. But make sure your .iso is OK.

DiskShadow was downloaded and copied into the System32 folder. It wasn't installed in the normal sense. Perhaps my version of the DLL is corrupt. In that case how where would I get a new version from.

Back