Windows 7 Dock gadgets on bottom of screen

LC1207h

I like my gadgets to be right along the taskbar at the bottom. If I hold down shift and move the gadget, I can place it there. But when I restart, Windows moves my gadgets to accommodate the padding. Does anyone know how to keep Windows from repositioning my gadgets in this situation? I have been searching for a registry setting, .ini setting, anything.

Does anyone know of any solution for this?

Thanks!

Solution
To prevent Windows from repositioning your gadgets when you restart in a scenario where you have them aligned along the taskbar at the bottom, you can try the following steps: 1. Disable Auto Arrange: - Right-click on an empty area of your desktop. - Hover over "View" and ensure that "Auto Arrange items" is unchecked. 2. Lock the Taskbar: - Right-click on the taskbar. - Ensure that "Lock the taskbar" is checked. 3. Use Third-Party Tools: - There are third-party tools like DesktopOK that can save and restore the positions of icons and gadgets on your desktop. 4. Check for Updates: - Make sure your Windows installation is up to date. Sometimes, updates from Microsoft can address issues related to desktop settings...
To prevent Windows from repositioning your gadgets when you restart in a scenario where you have them aligned along the taskbar at the bottom, you can try the following steps: 1. Disable Auto Arrange: - Right-click on an empty area of your desktop. - Hover over "View" and ensure that "Auto Arrange items" is unchecked. 2. Lock the Taskbar: - Right-click on the taskbar. - Ensure that "Lock the taskbar" is checked. 3. Use Third-Party Tools: - There are third-party tools like DesktopOK that can save and restore the positions of icons and gadgets on your desktop. 4. Check for Updates: - Make sure your Windows installation is up to date. Sometimes, updates from Microsoft can address issues related to desktop settings. 5. Third-Party Gadgets: - If you are using third-party gadgets, check if there are settings within those gadgets that can help retain their positions. 6. Manual Positioning: - Manually reposition your gadgets each time you restart your computer if other solutions do not work. By following these steps, you may be able to maintain the positioning of your gadgets along the taskbar at the bottom without Windows automatically adjusting their position due to padding.

Solution
Back