Windows 7 domain user login fails (windows 7 with windows 2000 server)

tkuckuck

I have recently gotten 3 tablets with win7 preinstalled. I can connect them to our school domain which is located on a win 2000 server. The problem is that I can log in from those machines with my domain administrator credentials, but I can't get anyone else to log on. The following message is produced: "You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see your network administrator for more information." I have used these methods: domain\username and [email protected] for the username. When I tried to add a domain user account, I get this message: "the user could not be added because the following error has occurred: the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed." Any suggestions out there?

Nothing special - All the other machines on the domain - approximately 200 - are XP Pro machines. Users are required to login with a username and password, then a login script runs from the server. Password must be at least 5 characters, expires at 90 days. Does that answer your question?

Last edited:
Back