Windows Vista Double windows vista installation

jhpc

Hello,

Last week I installed windows vista on my laptop, after restarting the pc, the pc shows windows vista 2 times. So the pc is saying, you installed windows vista 2 times, but i don't know how? One of the windows vista's is normally working, the other not. This is because its not activated, i used the activate key for the other vista. Now i want to uninstall or delete the not working vista, but how can i do this? is there someone who can tell me how to do this?
You can compare the starting up screen with the picture below.

I hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-01-05 om 00.41.31.png
    Schermafbeelding 2016-01-05 om 00.41.31.png
    182 KB · Views: 447
It probably just means you have two BCD entries for it.
  • Open an elevated command prompt (Press WinKey type cmd, right click and run as administrator)
  • Type bcdedit /enum
  • You Will probably see one "Windows Boot Manager" entry and two "Windows Boot Loader" entries. You can differentiate them by the description field
  • Look at the Device field if they both point to the same partition=C: then you can safely delete one of the entries
  • Delete the one with the long identifier like this bcdedit /delete {cbd971bf-b7b8-4885-951a-fa03044f5d71} /cleanup
  • Replace the long number with the one listed on your system

It probably just means you have two BCD entries for it.
  • Open an elevated command prompt (Press WinKey type cmd, right click and run as administrator)
  • Type bcdedit /enum
  • You Will probably see one "Windows Boot Manager" entry and two "Windows Boot Loader" entries. You can differentiate them by the description field
  • Look at the Device field if they both point to the same partition=C: then you can safely delete one of the entries
  • Delete the one with the long identifier like this bcdedit /delete {cbd971bf-b7b8-4885-951a-fa03044f5d71} /cleanup
  • Replace the long number with the one listed on your system
Thanks man, the only thing is i have a partition=D: and a C, what do i have to do now?

Yes, but if you try selecting each one when you turn on the computer, does it boot.

I would highly recommend Booting to the Windows Installer, format the drive or if you have two drives format both. The reason for this is that your computer is using the BCD (boot store) from one partition (D and the boot manager is there) and has entries covering both of those partitions. The entries are ambiguous in that when you boot to the "Windows Install" what that OS considers as the C drive is probably flip flopping. So it's very difficult to tell which is correct.

I would highly recommend Booting to the Windows Installer, format the drive or if you have two drives format both. The reason for this is that your computer is using the BCD (boot store) from one partition (D and the boot manager is there) and has entries covering both of those partitions. The entries are ambiguous in that when you boot to the "Windows Install" what that OS considers as the C drive is probably flip flopping. So it's very difficult to tell which is correct.
Okay, that dude. I will try it later on this week, thanks you!

Back