Downadup/Conficker worm infection.Are you safe?

Are your infected?

• Total voters

SQ006

Seems like it is spreading very quickly and infecting millions of computers.
So are you infected?

just download the microsoft fix at Virus alert about the Win32/Conficker.B worm

Most people get so paranoid about this sort of stuff -- if you regularly use Microsoft Update and don't download software from dubious or "Torrent" sites then you can be reasonably safe. Don't also open emails from unknown senders or open any attachment unless you know who sent it and ABOVE ALL - STEER CLEAR OF ALL THOSE PROGRAMS / WEB SITES OFFERING TO SCAN YOUR COMPUTER FOR DRIVERS OR FIX YOUR REGISTRY -- these are normally a 100% source of spy / mal / adware .

Cheers
-Jimbo

Last edited:
just download the microsoft fix at Virus alert about the Win32/Conficker.B worm

Most people get so paranoid about this sort of stuff -- if you regularly use Microsoft Update and don't download software from dubious or \"Torrent\" sites then you can be reasonably safe. Don't also open emails from unknown senders or open any attachment unless you know who sent it and ABOVE ALL - STEER CLEAR OF ALL THOSE PROGRAMS / WEB SITES OFFERING TO SCAN YOUR COMPUTER FOR DRIVERS OR FIX YOUR REGISTRY -- these are normally a 100% source of spy / mal / adware .

Cheers
-Jimbo
I do that sort of dangerous activity all the time and I haven't gotten infected in the last 4-5years. AVG and Anti-Malware Skillz for the win.

The vista PC here always has windows updates installed within 2 days of the update release, as does my Win 7 laptop. I also don't download that much stuff. ;)

Never had a virus (that I know of) from Windows 95 days and on.

The fear of getting one, though, drove me to fool around with various linux distros off and on.

Now there are viruses (viri?) and worms that can wreck linux too. Might as well stick with Windows I guess. :redface:

I have always been extremely careful regarding internet activity, and thus I have not had a virus. I have been getting Bebo friend request emails which direct you to an infected file - these look exactly the same as normal bebo emails so be careful - check the hyperlink!:rolleyes:

Back