Downgrade: Change Windows 7 Ultimate to Home Premium or Professional

not working for me

I've tried changing the ID and edition name to every permutation of HOMEPREMIUM, Home Premium x64 that I can think of. And professional. And even Home Basic. Nothing works. No matter what I change it to in every instance I get the same stupid reply that I can't upgrade Windows Ultimate to Windows Professional.

Does this mean we certainly have to upgrade the DigitalProductID key or something like that in addition to the EditionID and Product Name?

Are you trying to go from 32 to 64 bit? .. that won't won't work.... however if you just want to upgrade a 32 or 64 bit version you may have to deactivate your current version first.
Google slmgr and read on how to do that... I think there are 3 commands -rilc -cpky and -upk that will deactivate it.

Sorry guys. My mistake. I hadn't tried *every* permutation. I finally found one that worked. I think it was PROFESSIONAL in my case. I was upgrading 64-bit RC1 to 64-bit Professional. Seems to have worked so far, but the process isn't done yet.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.