Windows 10 downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8 without downgrade option

iancass

I bought a new Dell laptop which I love but I am not 100% with the OS which had Windows 10 pre installed with no option to downgrade. I don't have the answer myself right now hence the reason I thought I might ask the question on this forum. Can I buy a Windows 8 OS disc and install it that way if has that flexibility?

If you purchased Windows 8 Retail it most certainly would install (a fresh install that is, needing a reformat), however if it's a new laptop it would most likely benefit from running Windows 10, is there something specific you don't like or understand about 10? If you did want to go the Windows 8 route you will need to check the Dell website for your specific laptop and make sure drivers are available for all devices under Windows 8.

Well like others have mentioned outside this site, windows 10 seems to have an issue with wifi drivers for starters, well it does with mines anyway!. Nearly every time I try and install updates from Dell or Windows I always seem to have an issue with my wifi drivers being missing when I restart my system. At the moment I have the OS working fine only because I not dearn't adjust anything in case it happens again, apart from that I don't really have any issues with Windows 10 but I am not a 100% convinced that the OS is stable enough to use as my workhorse.

Do you know which exact WiFi adaptor you are using? Sometimes you can get a driver from the manufacturer that's not only newer than the Dell option, but more stable.

upload_2016-2-3_20-18-26.png

Unfortunately even though that particular card is a Broadcom BCM43XAC based chipset, Broadcom does not offer drivers directly for it. What version of the Dell driver are you using currently, and is your computer using the latest BIOS version?

Dell Wireless 1820A WiFi Driver Dell Wireless 1820A WiFi Driver View details
9350_Network_Driver_0HNC0_WN32_1.555.0.0_A02.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (30 MB)
Network|
Release date 24 Dec 2015
|Last Updated 24 Dec 2015

There is a new Bios update which I am just about to download.

Just an update, luckily my Dell XPS is within warranty so I made a call to Dell to see if they could sort out a few issues I was having as it was becoming a bit time consuming for me. I was a bit skeptical as there support is out sourced in somewhere in Asia or where ever. The first 5-10 mins I thought its going to be one of those calls were language and knowledge of support was going to be an issue but the guy pulled it through and definitely exceeded my expectations. Like a lot of people I was having issues with my wifi drivers and there is a lot of crap on some forums and Youtube to trawl through, he connected to me remotely & from what I can see he installed the latest and correct drivers for the laptop and set my laptop up so I don't having any issues like this in the future. He was on the job remotely for a good hour plus ( luckily Dell have a free phone number for this) and worked in the background. I am no 3rd line support tech but he knew what he was doing & I feel like have a OS that I can work with now.

Back
Top Bottom