Windows 7 Downloading from Web can't choose floppy

Silverthreads

I am new to Windows7 and still learning. Had to get XP off my mind.

I downloaded an embriodery file and wanted it saved to either floppy or external hardrive, the pull down window in windows7 did not give me a choice. To me that is stange. How, what or where do I select to save my download not onto the C drive of this computer.

Not exactly clear on what you are seeing, so I can only explain what happens to me. So I download a file, and I immediately get an option to run or save, so I choose save and then the Windows "Save As" dialog box opens, then in the right panel I choose "Computer" and then I see every drive connected to my machine including, yes I still have one also, my 3 1/4 inch floppy, "A" drive. If this is not what you are experienceing please explain in a little more detail.

Thank you, I didn't think you were abrupt. I really appreciate such a fast response to my question. Your explanation enlightened me. So later I will again do a download and click on Computer, then on the floppy drive and see how it goes.

I am very happy that I googled and found this forum. It is great and fast response.

Having a computerized embroidery machine and all kinds of embroidery software that is only supported on 32 bit systems I had to order a new Dell with Windows XP that also comes with Windows7 32 bit CD if I want to use it. So I bought a HP laptop so I could get on line. So learning Windows7 and think I like it. Will use it for getting on line and the new Dell will be strickly for my embroidery software and will not be cruzing the web with it.

Thanks again.

Thank you, I didn't think you were abrupt. I really appreciate such a fast response to my question. Your explanation enlightened me. So later I will again do a download and click on Computer, then on the floppy drive and see how it goes.

I am very happy that I googled and found this forum. It is great and fast response.

Having a computerized embroidery machine and all kinds of embroidery software that is only supported on 32 bit systems I had to order a new Dell with Windows XP that also comes with Windows7 32 bit CD if I want to use it. So I bought a HP laptop so I could get on line. So learning Windows7 and think I like it. Will use it for getting on line and the new Dell will be strickly for my embroidery software and will not be cruzing the web with it.

Thanks again.

You're quite welcome and i hope it works out for you, although I must report, that Win7 and floppy cassetts, don't seem to do well, not sure if it's just me or my particular drive. I would suggest, that perhaps you invest, if you haven't already in a good USB thumb drive and use that in lieu of the floppy for more consistent and reliable results if you experience any problems. In regards to this forum, it's a great place to hang out and learn, it seems, I learn something new everyday here.

I usually download my designs to the computer open by embroidery software and print off the pics of the designs, then sent the designs to external hardrive and also cd or dvd. Without a printer I wanted them on a floppy so placed a note of the floppy to remind me to open it and do my printing on the new computer when that arrives.

Of course must have an external floppy drive as some of my older software came on floppy disks for loading. Had copied the software to DVD just before my Dell bit the dust. So will see how all goes when loading the new computer.

Thanks again, your help is greatly appreciated with Windows7

Happy New year and hoping it is a good one for all.

Back