Windows 7 Dreams & Things

John Marchant

Hi

Wonder if anyone can tell me how to get dreamscenes to work as backgrounds in Windows 7. Ive tried the hacks and it still says uxms needs to be running, what is this and how do i get it to start

Have you tried?????

Download Windows7-DreamScene.exe from Deposit Files
Run “Windows7-DreamScene.exeâ€Â￾ as “Administratorâ€Â￾
The installer will automatically copy the necessary files on to your computer and change your registry.
It will automatically install DreamScene and restart Explorer
DreamScene will be working immediately after the install.
Right-click any WMV or MPG video to set it as your DreamScene desktop background video
Everything works the same as in Windows Vista, except for the Control Panel >> Personalize menu does not show the DreamScene videos as options in Windows 7.

Yea, I had to tryout dremescene myself.

It is awesome, but even if you place the .wmv files in the C:\windows\Web\Windows Dreamscene folder you still have to navigate to the file you want.

A great source of Dreamscenes can be downloaded here:
dreamscene.org - Home - your free dreamscene resource.

try looking for downfall. it's one of the best.

I also got it up and running on my Vista 32- Home Premium, and when you click the drop-down arrow box, there is an entry named Dreamscene content and you can change it directly without having to navigate anywhere

I cant seem to get the Windows7-DreamScene.exe to work, I have right clicked on it and "Run as Administrator" and it still says I need Admin rights.

My account is a administrator, and I have even set the compatibility to administrator to no avail.

Any other ideas?

The orbit30 plus patch final 1.02 is the one you need:

Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Stardock also do a similar program, which I preferred due it's ability to also use a wider range of formats including flash...saving a large chunk of ram to run nice animations.

Back