Windows 7 Drive detection issue

Tux

Greetings all!
I have one computer here, started off as a boot loop issue, couldnt get into safe mode.
I plugged into another computer, it would show up as a disk, but disappeared and reappeared every 20 seconds asking for a format, when I tried to format, it failed.
I used my motherboards onboard formatting software to clear the whole drive.
Now the drive shows up fine in the bios, but does not show up in the cmd prompt under the recovery disk.
Any help is appreciated!

Hi Tux,
could you please supply some more information regarding the actual HDD. Is it IDE or Sata? Plus what exactly do you mean by recovery disk?

1tb sata drive, and by recovery disk, i am referring to the recovery settings on the windows 7 installation disk, as its the only way i can get a command prompt on the system.
currently i am able to get it to show up in another computer in disk manager, but every once and a while, when i try to initialize the disk, it says it cannot find the sectors.
EDIT:
In disk manager and in diskpart, i have two Disk 6's.
In diskpart when i select the disk, and use the "disk detail" command, it gives me this
"DiskPart has referenced an object which is not up-to-date. Refresh the object by using the RESCAN command. If the problem persists exit DiskPart, then restart DiskPart or restart the computer."

both of which i have done, no change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom