Windows 7 Drive mapping issue

choots

My work place is just starting with Windows 7. I am having a problem in that if I add a user to a machine, they cannot see all of there drive mappings. If the user just logs on to the network with out being added to the machine, they can see all of there drive mappings.

Any help with this would be greatly appreceiated.

Thanks

Chris

Are we talking "Domain" here or "Workgroup" if Domain what funtional level 2k, 2k3, 2k8, 2k8r2??

My work place is just starting with Windows 7. I am having a problem in that if I add a user to a machine, they cannot see all of there drive mappings. If the user just logs on to the network with out being added to the machine, they can see all of there drive mappings.

Any help with this would be greatly appreceiated.

Thanks

Chris
Well, you answered my question, but I should have probably asked more.
It may help if you log on to the machine with domain admin credentials and then add that particular user's domain user account to the local admins group on the local machine.
Then if the user logs on with his domain credentials, like [email protected] and password can he see his drive mapping / network resources then? I imagine I'm missing something in the back and forth here, but of course if the user is not authenticated on the domain then his network resources are not going to be available. So please help me understand a little better what exactly is happening that you want to overcome.

If you are perhaps talking about users in your domain, that have laptops that leave the office, then that is another issue involving offline files and folders, client side caching, and resources on the domain that are set to make available offline.

Back