Windows 10 Driver Issues???

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Sankalp, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Sankalp

Sankalp Member

@
    ussnorway

So you say my PC also supports only analog but however by connecting HDMI port I can make digital signals come out? Why SPDIF is given in my PC? It just sends my PC audio via a receiver. That does require "digital output" built in right?

@
    nmsuk

It says page has been shifted and sends me back to AC97 drivers...

2. nmsuk

nmsuk Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Weird as I downloaded version 2.79 from them yesterday

3. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

I said mine does... you wont register yours so we don't know however we can ask the operating system what type of plug it detects.

Screenshot (52). Screenshot (53).

S/PDIF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this means a round plug about X long... it can be anologue, digital or even both.

wrong.
    a digital signal is really just a red light and has no value to anyone until you convert the signal into something that comes out as sound... the value of a digital cable is speed | distance so if the laptop user sits at the back of a theater adjusting sounds coming out on the stage in real time then yes it is worth it.
    ime a lot of noise was made about digital vs analogue 7.1 or 5.1 but the dirty truth is most (99.99%) humans can't detect any difference from systems in their own homes.

4. Sankalp

Sankalp Member

Here:
    [​IMG]

And how can spdif work without digital output? How can analog sound of speakers of laptop gets to the receiver "analog" without the conversion into digital first ? I am not talking about just optical spdif. It can be any spdif..

Let me register my PC and get back ASAP..

#64 Sankalp, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. Sankalp

Sankalp Member

Can anyone answer my question or not?

6. Sankalp

Sankalp Member

7. Sankalp

Sankalp Member

Please can anyone read it? Anyone?? I registered by laptop and found that it does not have spdif.... This laptop has option for spdif however my model doesn't have it. I also found that it doesn't have digital output as well. Y50 has spdif hence digital output....

Can someone answer my next question now if infact anyone sees this thread???

Bump.... :(

8. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I'm pretty sure Spdif is a digital output:
    Everything You Need to Know About the SPDIF Connection - Hardware Secrets

Your lappie should have a recovery mode which will return it back to factory defaults (if the laptop originally came with windows 7 and then you upgraded to windows 10 we may have to try something else)
    That's what i would first check, returning to factory defaults. Your system support page may have more information about accessing this process.