Windows 7 Driver update software

There was a recently started thread about the same issue, can't remember what it was, nor could I locate it.

I've been using DriverMax for several years, and now I have the Pro version = paid for. I'm quite happy with it. Sometimes I get drivers that won't work with my system, but I can always go back to previous, it has both driver backup and restore, as well as system restore.

I did try some others programs in this field, and had some bad experiences.

I'm not trying to sell anything. But, if you use any of these programs, be sure to have them make a restoration point in Windows, and / or backup for drivers - that way you will be able to return, if something goes wrong.

Yes, the matter has been debated on a number of occasions and my response, as always is that "wizards" etc are can create more problems than they solve. I will not allow any automated driver updates on my system either from any of these apps or even as part of Windows update. I reject them all and every now and again I vist the manufacturer's site, manually check for any update and manually install any I find.

There was a recently started thread about the same issue, can't remember what it was, nor could I locate it.

I've been using DriverMax for several years, and now I have the Pro version = paid for. I'm quite happy with it. Sometimes I get drivers that won't work with my system, but I can always go back to previous, it has both driver backup and restore, as well as system restore.

I did try some others programs in this field, and had some bad experiences.

I'm not trying to sell anything. But, if you use any of these programs, be sure to have them make a restoration point in Windows, and / or backup for drivers - that way you will be able to return, if something goes wrong.
Oh sorry, I didn't see the same issue, I just want to share~:tongue:

No problem, Teemocaptain, at least not from my standpoint. It's commendable to want to share. But recommending programs, you should perhaps pay attention to what problems they may bring, and give the info there too. Otherwise, it may lead to angry people blaming you for advising to a nasty one.

Like patcooke, I don't have automated updates, not even for Windows. I want to know what happens in my computer. I will probably never recommend automatic updates.

No problem, Teemocaptain, at least not from my standpoint. It's commendable to want to share. But recommending programs, you should perhaps pay attention to what problems they may bring, and give the info there too. Otherwise, it may lead to angry people blaming you for advising to a nasty one.

Like patcooke, I don't have automated updates, not even for Windows. I want to know what happens in my computer. I will probably never recommend automatic updates.
Thanks for your advice, Titanic!

I fried a video card by grabbing the newest driver when it came out. It had a bug that caused problems with the fan. Since then I've leaned more toward if it ain't broke don't fix it unless security issues are involved.
Joe

Back