Windows 8 driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbehci.sys error

pahul9

Hi,

I recently upgraded windows 8 and started facing problem with my beetle_Fun USB TV tuner card. Machine is getting restarted everything time with below error :

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbehci.sys

It was working fine in earlier windows versions. Attached is zipped minidump files for your reference. Please suggest.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    248 KB · Views: 613
Hi,
apologies your post has been missed.

I've recently re-installed so don't have the dmp file viewer at present (I'll re-install this morning) but for starters usbehci.sys is a miniport driver from Microsoft. Try updating your drivers to the latest versions. That means everything not just graphics and audio.

You tuner card could well be the cause of the issue. I checked it in the compatibility centre and nada, never heard of it. Anyhoo I'll pop back once the dmp viewer is installed.

Hi,
apologies your post has been missed.

I've recently re-installed so don't have the dmp file viewer at present (I'll re-install this morning) but for starters usbehci.sys is a miniport driver from Microsoft. Try updating your drivers to the latest versions. That means everything not just graphics and audio.

You tuner card could well be the cause of the issue. I checked it in the compatibility centre and nada, never heard of it. Anyhoo I'll pop back once the dmp viewer is installed.

i'm a new user of windows 8 and i too had the same prob. but it occurred when i tried to install the reliance cdma modem.... could u help me with that,..

The ehci driver specification might be having problems because of the settings for USB in the bios of the system. You could check those and see if changing any options for such things as Legacy USB might help your situation.

Do you happen to know the specifications on your device? It might make reference to some driver version necessary for the device to operate or if it shows as being compatible with Windows 8.

Depending on your system, the USB ports might have different capabilities. The newer systems might have ports that are USB 3.0/2.0 but have certain ones that are capable of USB 1.1. Have you checked to see if any drivers are available for the USB components in the system. You can check the manufacturer's site to see if it is showing any available for Windows 8.

Back
Top Bottom