Windows 7 Drivers causing Windows to resume slowly WUDfrd.sys

Sapwood

Hello. I'm new and would like some advice/help with my Dell Inspiron 1545.

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
4.00 GB
64-bit Operating System

This error keeps coming up and keeps making startup time very lengthy or not at all.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
Date: 30/04/2012 21:11:10
Event ID: 351
Task Category: Standby Performance Monitoring
Level: Error
Keywords: Event Log
User: LOCAL SERVICE
Description:
This driver responded slower than expected to the resume request while servicing this device:
Driver File Name : \Driver\WUDFRd
Driver Friendly Name : Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector
Driver Version : 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Driver Total Time : 513ms
Driver Degradation Time : 113ms
Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2012‎-‎04‎-‎30T19:14:47.169510800Z
Device Name : WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC-&PROD_MULTI-CARD&REV_1.00#00000#
Device Friendly Name : RTS5121LUN0
Device Total Time : 513ms
Device Degradation Time : 113ms

ALSO:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
Date: 01/05/2012 22:03:00
Event ID: 101
Task Category: Boot Performance Monitoring
Level: Error
Keywords: Event Log
User: LOCAL SERVICE
Description:
This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process:
File Name : MsMpEng.exe
Friendly Name : Antimalware Service Executable
Version : 4.0.1526.0
Total Time : 64125ms
Degradation Time : 56625ms
Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2012‎-‎05‎-‎01T19:59:28.749600400Z

I tried editing the register and I tried updating my drivers (no yellow triangles) but nothing has helped.

Thank you!!

It sounds like your files have become a corrupted slightly. Try system restore or run the file checker. Right click cmd prompt, then type:
sfc/scannow then press enter.. Hopefully the file checker will run through and repair any corrupted files.
The last file you mention is related to Windows defender. Have you considered installing Microsoft Security Essentials? It's basically the same but much better:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Hola! Thank you for the response.

I really want to avoid system restore since my last restore point is quite a while back...

I recently uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials since it was slowing my comp down massively when I would boot. I had to boot in safe mode and try restarting with programs one at a time to see what the problem was and MSE was the main issue. I currently have ZoneAlarm, Avast, and another--all of which work without any gliches.

Ran the scan: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Hmm... I'm intrigued as to why MSE was slowing your system so much but then when you mentioned how many security apps your running then it's perhaps the reason why.. When I used MSE, the only other app I used was malwarebytes and I'd strongly suggest you cut back on some of yours. Your system will run far better without them.

Thanks for the advice.

I still wish I knew what WUDfrd.sys was doing and how I can kill it... Oh well. :)

Back