Windows Vista Drivers for older card

S

soccerking3000

I noticed with the vista rc1 compatible cards my card is not support (radeon 9000), although vista still runs fine but only at 1280x 1024 resolution, which i figure is because of the generic driver built into vista. Does anyone have a recommend a driver which would give me a little more functionality over the generic one given? I would upgrade but this card is in a laptop so that is not an option.

Thanks,
Matt

Hello!!

I had and have stil some small problems with my graphic card. radeon 9200. Vista automatically installed the driver for a radeon 9000 card during the installation. The screen was totally crazy and I had problems to solve this.

The solution was to install the newest winxp driver thru the update driver option and restart the computer.

This worked for me, but I still have some probems when I close the lid and the computer goes to hiernate or sleep mode.

So, I guess you can try to just update your driver, thru the update driver option.

If this don't work for you, please let me know.

I am not sure, but do you have the radeon9000 card? or do you have another version?

Back
Top Bottom