Windows Vista Drivers for Philips ToU Cam Pro

S

Sibry

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble getting my Philips ToU Camera Pro to get working on Windows Vista.

The Mic on the camera works BUT i can not actually use the webcam. Not sure if they have drivers for Vista yet but i have looked. The red light on the camera just stays on all the time, apart from when the computer is off and the USB from the camera is unplugged.

I have everything else running in Vista, it's just the webcam.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Any advice, help, links or anything would be great and really helpful.

Thanks

philips doesn't support vista for the toucam series

I hav ethe same problem, I contacted Philips Support and the replied and said they don't support Vista for their ToUcam series.

Rob.

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble getting my Philips ToU Camera Pro to get working on Windows Vista.

The Mic on the camera works BUT i can not actually use the webcam. Not sure if they have drivers for Vista yet but i have looked. The red light on the camera just stays on all the time, apart from when the computer is off and the USB from the camera is unplugged.

I have everything else running in Vista, it's just the webcam.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Any advice, help, links or anything would be great and really helpful.

Thanks

godd..same problem here!!!! says some "string nousbstring was found"!!!! what that means..im so angry... i hate vista!
now have to get another web cam cos of this

I have exactly the same prob. When trying to install the Toucam Pro (840K/20) drivers on my laptop running Vista, I got the 'no usbstring' message. God knows what it means. The Philips websites states Philips will not be producing drivers for Vista. Really helpful guys! You add new meaning to 'customer support'. Shall I get a new webcam, or install XP instead of Vista?

same pro here, get usb err msge, i think i'm going to get another cheap cam, i paid good money for phillips cam, i think it was about £45.00. thought i'd better get a good make. but now i'll go get a cheap one and def not phillips, nor will i buy any other phillips stuff from now on. i don't think it's worth me going back to xp, after all, it's the software that's not compat with vista. so am a little bit happy to stick with vista.
congrats to phillips. maybe they part owned by v/m.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that there is a solution for this.
I've been trying like crazy to put the Toucam pro working on Vista, i've done the following:

.Install the drivers for the spc900 like explained here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

.install the drivers for the "old" toucam pro 740 thru here:
Drivers Philips ToUcam XS/Fun/Pro/Pro 3D version 1.07.0.0 pour Windows Vista

From the Philips V-lounge select under the "devices" menu select spc 900 camera.
It worked for me, now i have full controll over the camera and all the new features from the spc900 all this in a toucam pro 840;)

Greetings from Portugal,

Luís Campos.

P.S. Please spread the word.

I have the same problem too. I hate Vista!!! NOUSBSTRING!!!!

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that there is a solution for this.
I've been trying like crazy to put the Toucam pro working on Vista, i've done the following:

.Install the drivers for the spc900 like explained here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

.install the drivers for the \"old\" toucam pro 740 thru here:

From the Philips V-lounge select under the \"devices\" menu select spc 900 camera.
It worked for me, now i have full controll over the camera and all the new features from the spc900 all this in a toucam pro 840;)

Greetings from Portugal,

LuÃ*s Campos.

Hi Luas thanks for your advice however this site you quoted does not give me any download possibility.....Drivers Philips ToUcam XS/Fun/Pro/Pro 3D version 1.07.0.0 pour Windows Vista......what do I have to do there...I try like crazy to get my ToUcam to work in Vista....have not found any solution as yet..thanks for any real advice

Peter

Hi Peter,

if you scroll down the page you'll see what looks like a harddrive and the word Téléchargement . If you click on the HDD you'll then be offered a download which is the drivers for the webcam. Once downloaded they are apparently in english so you should be ok but any problems please post back..:)

Hi Luas

Thanks for yor advice, I got the files downloaded...however, now I am stuck as I do not know what to do else....I tried to click on VCheck in the downloaded files and it opens a Philips Vcheck window and asks me which one of the camera I want to install and when I click on run the wizard stops running as som problem stop the wizard.....any idea what I do wrong

Thanks for your help

Peter

Are you sure you got the correct camera? If so try downloading the drivers again just to make sure they are ok.

I just did some hunting around and it seems there are some drivers out there that don't work.. This page says at present no support for vista:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

yes, I am sure I have the right camera and also I downloaded the dirvers files several times without any success...I alwaysge the nessage that the filles are corrupted.....hence I am still looking to get this camera to work

what a mess ! I have not one but two cameras ... really loved the model and bought one from home and one for laptop for travel & communicate back to home ; really nice service Philips; thanks!

I tried all the tips you're placing here guys ; thanks for effort but I have the same error when trying to choose the camera type

HI All well I have the Philips ToUcam Pr Camera running on Windows Vista 32bit, it took some time but after running what I found erlier on this page I got it all working after downloading the drivers as instructed, so here it is again go to this page, Drivers Philips ToUcam XS/Fun/Pro/Pro 3D version 1.07.0.0 pour Windows Vista then all the way to the bottom and on the left hand site you will see a ICON looking like a HDD drive click on it and save the file to your desktop or where ever you want to remember where you saved it, then find it and unzip it to a directory that you have called ToUCAM Drivers ofr Vista or something like that, then once you have them, plug in the cam, Vista will say that it has seen a new device,ok from there on follow this list.
Found New Hardware" window will come up. Select "Locate and install driver software"
IMPORTANT! Cancel this window!!!
Go to Control Panel - System - Device Manager.
You will see, under "Other devices" an "Unknown device".
That is the ToUcam...
Right-click "Unknown device" then choose "Update Driver Software..."
An "Update Driver Software" window will come up.
Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
Browse... to the dirctory where you unzipped the file that you downloaded erlier.
Make sure "include subfolders" is checked (shouldn't matter but that's what I'm doing...)
Choose "Next".
1Window should say "Installing driver software".
System will complain about not being able to verify the publisher. Choose "Install this driver software anyway."
16After some delay, a window will come up and say "Windows has successfully updated your driver software". Your camera should now be working.

NOw I have used these drivers on a number of PC's all with Vista including my laptop and the Cam works every time.

If any one is still having trouble then they can mail me at [email protected] and I will send you the zipped file for you to unzip and then follow the instructions above.

Regards T J Kerriagn (Highlander1UK)

Woohoo! Glad I found this forum/thread!

I got a new Laptop earlier this year (Vista)... but previously had XP PC's and laptops and used my Phillips ToU Cam Pro Webcam on them... obviously worked fine as it was plug and play.

Anyway, my "new" laptop has a built in webcam (HP Pavillion dv6000) and the built in webcam is pretty crap imo. The image is grainy and just looks awful, or should I say... makes me look awful lol. So I found my Phillips webcam and wanted to install it on here. I kept getting that weird error message too, thought I would end up having to buy a new webcam!

But, thankfully I found this thread! :D

I could never do without my Phillips webcam, it's the best I have ever had I think it's wicked.

:)

PS: one thing I have noticed though... when I go to edit my webcam settings in MSN messenger - "Tools", "Webcam Settings"... then click the "Advanced" button, nothing happens? no window opens. I can't really remember if that Advanced button used to open up on XP (been along time now). Is that because of the Vista install? or just me lol.

thank you, thank you thank you! worked like a charm!
Hi guys,

J

.install the drivers for the \"old\" toucam pro 740 thru here:

From the Philips V-lounge select under the \"devices\" menu select spc 900 camera.

Greetings from Portugal,

LuÃ*s Campos.

Back
Top Bottom