Windows 10 Drives missing from “This PC”, yet they are Online and have a letter assigned

Deses

Hello!

I'm facing this issue where the drives don't appear in This PC under the Windows Explorer or a Search folder prompt.

All my drives are online, have a letter assigned and are fully accesible by manually typing the path (E:\something) or by apps (Steam can play games stored in my F:\ drive).

The only drive showing is a network attached SBC.

Does anyone know how to fix this strange issue? Thank you.

Have you tried removing and re-adding the drive letters? You can do that in disk manager or diskpart.

Have you tried removing and re-adding the drive letters? You can do that in disk manager or diskpart.

Yes, if I change the letter to another one, it is shown again (for example, letter H to Y), but if I change the letter back to the previous one, it disapears again.

Hi! Thank you for your help so far. I'm using W10 Pro x64.

Sin título.png

Try looking at these two keys. If either one has a property named NoDrives with anything other than 0 change it to 0 and reboot

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Try looking at these two keys. If either one has a property named NoDrives with anything other than 0 change it to 0 and reboot

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer doesn't have that value and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer had a decimal value of 58720511.

I've set the second value to 0 and I'll reboot now. I'll let you know shortly! Here I am, and it worked!
Sin título.png

Thank you very much for your help! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom