Windows 7 Dual booting Windows & and XP stuck on XP

tadg

Ok so I originally have windows 7 rtm and i liked it but i wanted to boot windows xp so i made a new partition and installed xp on that. After the instalation it just booted up in xp and didn't give me an option to boot windows 7 or xp.

So how could I get back to windows 7?

thanks

Try booting from the 7 disk and choosing the 'Repair' function. This should get your ability to see 7 again.

I second Kemicals post but if that does not work then you will probably half to reinstall windows 7 onto the hard drive.

I would like to know why my XP doesnt show. I have it on drive F, but laptop always starts in Win 7 mode

Its because u installed XP after u installed windows 7. XP doesnt understand the coding for 7 therefore u cannot integrate the 7 into XP bootloader. ITs pretty simple fix as kemical has described in the fact that all you have to do is put in the seven disc and boot to it and choose repair then repair startup. It should then detect the XP partition and Add it to the bootloader.

I've tried donig the rapair thing several times, nothing came of it, so I must reformat that partition, and that the only way?

Back