Windows 7 Dual Layer DVD burning problem

vlad_59

Hi guys i'm new too the forums. I using Windows 7 already 2 weeks, and found problem with burning dual layer DVD.
It was successful before I used Windows XP and NTI software. Now it is always fail. By my view disk not finalizing. I tried to burn with NTI, and with Windows 7 native burning software - failing with error: bad request. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello! Welcome to the forums! I see you're facing some difficulties burning dual-layer DVDs on Windows 7. The error you mentioned, "bad request," can occur due to various reasons. Here are some suggestions to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

1. Use Different Burning Software:
- Since you mentioned that you used NTI software successfully before, try using a different DVD burning software compatible with Windows 7. Programs like ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, or Ashampoo Burning Studio are popular choices.

2. Check Compatibility:
- Ensure that the dual-layer DVDs you are using are compatible with your DVD burner and that the burner supports dual-layer disc writing.

3. Update Drivers:
- Update the drivers for your DVD burner. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause burning issues.

4. Check Windows 7 Updates:
- Make sure your Windows 7 operating system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, updates can include fixes for burning issues.

5. Finalize Disc Manually:
- If you suspect the disc is not finalizing correctly, try finalizing the disc manually if your burning software allows it.

6. Check for Corrupted System Files:
- Run a system file checker scan to check for any corrupted system files that might be causing the burning failures.

7. Lower Burning Speed:
- Try burning the dual-layer DVDs at a lower speed. Sometimes burning at a slower speed can result in a more reliable burn.

8. Test on Another Computer:
- If possible, try burning a dual-layer DVD on another computer to see if the issue is specific to your Windows 7 setup.

Try these suggestions and see if any of them help resolve the problem. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details so we can further assist you!

Back