Windows Vista dual monitor setup

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Is it worth setting up two monitors. I have an opportunity to get a brand new gateway 19" monitor for $100, still in the box. How hard is it to set up and what would the main benefits of dual monitor setup? Most of all would I really like it if I did a dual set up. Any body else have a dual set up, do you like it. Thanks.

With monitor space always a premium for me, two monitors is a definite. Say like using IE on one while keeping windows side bar, my sticky notes, weather, and music on the other. That of course could be just one way of doing it. Providing your video card handles more than one monitor the process is terribly simple. Once installed go to personalization and you probably will have to right click the second monitor to activate it. Thats it, your done.

Hey, thanks for the replies. It cant be that easy can it....lol. Then I'm in there, my vid card does have to monitor ports. One is a dvi and the other is a vga. No big deal there for me, if I want to I can change out my card later for one that has dual dvi ports. I'll soon have a dual monitor pc....boy wont the wife be happy....lol. Thanks again.

You will enjoy I know. I believe though not sure, that the last single monitor setup I had was at least 5 years ago. Take care.

OK, I finally got my 2nd monitor, it up and running. Now how do I get my apps to 2nd monitor. I've tried dragging and dropping. When I drop it on to 2nd monitor it just disappears and I don't have it any more on my first monitor. How do I set this up.

Thanks Celestra, cool video. My problem is that the 2nd monitor wont let me put any thing on it at all. So I played around in the Nvidia control panel because I have an Nvidia graphics card. So I played around in it and selected monitor 2 and messed with the settings, going right down the list. Check if the first option would work, of course not. I got down to the refresh rate, bingo....I'm a genius...lol, just kidding. I switched it from 60 hertz to 75 hertz and bam...instant desktop. Just goes to show that the simple and most obvious is all ways over looked. I'm ah dualing monitoring now...lol. Nice tips in the video thought...this dual stuff is so new to me and way cool.

Very Cool :cool: (I'm quiet because of this freeze thing in "Vista Home Premium") Kemical is right, I'd rather be on Windows 7, except the trial is temporary.

Here is what my dual monitor set up looks like. We need to start a post or sticky or what ever it's called on "post your desktop, post you rig". So those who want to show off their desktops and their systems can do so.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back