Windows 7 Dual Monitor Switching

rkw

As you may note from this question, I am not a skilled user. I run dual monitors on a dell desktop with windows 7 pro. All was good until recently and now whenever typing if I use the 1 and 2 number keys on qwerty (not number pad) the window I am working in jumps monitors. Apparently I inadvertently activiated some hotkey function, which after a frustrating day of trying to find in a manual and elsewhere, have come up empty. Any clue on how to deactivate this? Thank you.

Normally this doesn't happen, so I'm guessing it's a key on your keyboard that, although it looks unpressed, it's still sending a signal to the computer.

try it with a different keyboard?

Normally this doesn't happen, so I'm guessing it's a key on your keyboard that, although it looks unpressed, it's still sending a signal to the computer.

try it with a different keyboard?

I am using a new Asus laptop, so trying a different keyboard isn't an option. All the keys work fine though, when not using a browser (documents etc...). I have tried disenabling the hot keys in the graphics options, but no joy :(

Back