Windows 7 Dual monitors with different resolution issue

Andres Franco

Hi everybody, first post here, I just want to say thanks and I guess you will help me to solve all my doubts, sorry if this is not the right place to post this, feel free to place my post in the right category if needed.

My first question is about the display settings for two identical iiyama screens with the same size and characteristics, I'm running a lenovo thinkstation, Intel I7-6700 CPU @3.40 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000 and as already said two identical screens, but my problem is that one of my screens have a default resolution of 2560x1440 and the second one has 1600x900 which causes an odd visual effect for me since I work with Revit and Autocad and the tools are larger in my 1600x900.

I've already look the screen resolution set up but apparently there is a thing that don't allow me to change the resolution to have the same in both screen, another weir thing is that both screens had the same size and resolution yesterday, but since I've star my PC today it seems that the OS had changed the resolution automatically, how can I solve this?, thanks in advance for your help, best regards

Also if you mention which os your using I'll move your post to a new thread as it will be seen by more members..

Yes, windows 7 Professional, Service pack 1 and as already said: Intel I7-6700 CPU @3.40 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000, thanks in advance

Hey Andre,
apologies as we had some posts accidentally misplaced but are you still getting the error?

Andre can you open your Nvidia control panel and go to "Adjust desktop size and position''. Is it possible to 'mirror' the res' you want to the other screen?

Odd. I have nvidia control panel for driver 384.94, Win7-64 pro and two GeForce 680 in Sli. Also two identical Asus monitors.

I was able to change resolution on one monitor from Nvidia control panel (change resolution). You might need to enable something in manage 3d settings - global tab.

Also, how did OS change resolution automatically?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Odd. I have nvidia control panel for driver 384.94, Win7-64 pro and two GeForce 680 in Sli. Also two identical Asus monitors.

I was able to change resolution on one monitor from Nvidia control panel (change resolution). You might need to enable something in manage 3d settings - global tab.

Also, how did OS change resolution automatically?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hi and thanks for your reply, yes I find that so Odd, I don't know how the resolution was stetted up automatically, today I was able to modify the resolution and adjust it up for the same size, the last week I wasn't able to do that, thanks in advance guys for all your help

Back