Windows 7 DVD/CD Rom won't work

Sonny

Excellent Member
I have an error don't know what to do. If i can get it to work I can then hopefully do a clean install and that should fix the other errors. Here is a snippet of the problem.

Capture.jpg

I dealt with this problem a few days ago. The fix does not work for everyone but, fwiw:
Make a backup (export) your registry and OS before you do this - just in case!
1. Open the registry (Type Regedit. .
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

There are other instances of this registry subkey. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. Todo this, ensure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.

3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.

6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, restart the computer and check if it works.

I dealt with this problem a few days ago. The fix does not work for everyone but, fwiw:
Make a backup (export) your registry and OS before you do this - just in case!
1. Open the registry (Type Regedit. .
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

There are other instances of this registry subkey. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. Todo this, ensure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.

3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.

6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, restart the computer and check if it works.

Thank you, I will give that a try and let you know the outcome davehc.

I did what you said to do and it didn't work. What is really crazy is that my cd rom was not bad. I was told to clean the lense and try again by a neighbor. I did and that was the problem. I never thought of a dirty lense. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate you answering me.

No prob. Thats why I sit here reading about other users problems.! I am pleased for you that you have sorted it out!!!

Back
Top Bottom