Windows 10 Dvd writer logo missing .

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
Afternoon all , the dvd writer icon in my computer is now missing , it was ok . The cables seem to be in right , when I start and go in settings . In the BOOT menu there is a Dvd -Rom drive listed , so I think it's the Logo in My computer that's missing . I don't know how that could have or should have happened though . Thank you .

Is this a laptop or tower PC? What location are you referring to in your first sentence?

bassfisher6522 , its a desktop tower PC , I took the side off and the power and sata cables seem to be in right . The BOOT menu in settings shows the drive ,. and it worked alright before the dvd logo was in place .

Neemobeer , I tried method 1 and method 3 on the page in the link , I tried to update the drivers in Device manager but it says the latest drivers are installed .

Attachments

• Method 1.JPG
    Method 1.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 469
  • method 3.JPG
    method 3.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 511
I tried method 5 and can't find any UpperFilters. listed no LowerFilters. either .

Attachments

• method 5.JPG
    method 5.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 497
I tried method 6 , i'm just going to restart my computer now . I will have to go now .

Attachments

• method 6.JPG
    method 6.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 503
Neemobeer , I was trying to Boot from my SSD Drive . as windows 10 was already installed on here , look what's in my computer .

Attachments

• DVD Logo.PNG
    DVD Logo.PNG
    312.8 KB · Views: 557
Neemobeer , No you did understand the issue its the logo that's missing . The Hard-Drive where the logo is missing was my C:Drive , at this moment i'm on my SSD Drive .

The drive is present. What it says in 'This Computer' depends on what disc you have in the drive. From the picture it looks like you have a DVD-R disc in the drive

Last edited:
Neemobeer , Yes but this drive is the SSD Drive its the main C : Drive where it dos'nt work . Will I be able to take a short-cut from this dive to the C Drive .

Back
Top Bottom