Windows Vista DVD's Not Working Properly..

BrandonB

Did a clean install on my Dell today to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (was previously using Vista Home Premium 64 bit). Everything went smooth and looks and runs great except one thing I noticed, which is a big deal since I watch a lot of movies on here - When I play a DVD in windows media center or windows media player, the picture gets all "digitally"..not sure how to describe it but it's just not working correctly. Sound works but the picture is screwed. Here's a screenshot:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

What's wrong fellas?

EDIT: Opps, posted in Vista Multimedia by accident!

Last edited:
My computer is about 2 months old. It's a Dell Inspiron i537. The Windows 7 I recieved yesterday was the free upgrade I got from Dell since I recently bought this computer 2 months ago.

It's working now.

Windows alerted me with some updates (unimportant and important ones) I went through the list of unimportant ones and saw a couple things that I lost during the clean install. So I downloaded them and it's working fine now.

Any other drivers I need to update?

Everything really.. Chipset, sound and graphics are the main ones (if you can't find 7 drivers vista will do) just like you would under any os as having the latest usually means a better running machine..
Glad to see your problem is fixed though..:)

Great stuff!
Knowing that my machine is running well always gives me a warm glow...;)

Back
Top Bottom