DVI Screen with PC and Console

Haelbarde

I have a LG 22" screen, an xbox 360 and a pc. What I would like to do is connect both to the DVI-D Slot on the back of the screen. I was wondering if I could use the 'Source' button to switch between displays if I got a DVI-D Splitter Cable.
Can anyone help.

And just so you know, my current setup is having a HDMI to DVI-D Cable and plugging the HDMI cable into the back of the 360 and the DVI-D into the screen and connecting my PC to the screen via D-SUB. I can switch between them using the 'Source' button.

Thanks

Haelbarde

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

I'm not 100% sure on that one... But I'm curious to know too.. ;) I would think you could just use the 'source' button to switch between them if you buy a splitter.. But then again, it might not work that way.. It might be setup so that if you had 2 displays the splitter would allow you to display something on each screen at the same time instead of one or the other.. ;)

I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help to you but when you find out please let me know because I'm curious to know if that would work the way you want it to..

HDMI cables are very cheap if you buy from the right place. Just connect the computer via. DVI and the Xbox 360 by HDMI! But if you really do not want to do this, try browsing through the manafacturers instructions for the splitter and perhaps consult LG for more information!

Back