Windows 7 dxgkrnl.sys While Rendering a Video in Vegas Pro 11.0

RingAnimated

This occurred while i was rendering a 1080p video in Vegas Pro 11.0. The weird thing was the problematic file (dxgkrnl.sys) is nowhere to be found. It has no path whatsoever. This is causing massive fear with it being MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and installing new RAM a-while ago. Here's the DMP file in a zip. This is the first one ive had so far. Please tell me if this is critical. I have just also clean re-installed my Video Card driver so hope that helps me, but just in case here's my DMP.

View attachment 070912-39093-01.zip

Ran Memtest86+ and found 660 errors in 5 passes (11 hours). Does that mean i need to replace my RAM

Hi,

apologies that your posts have not been answered till now.

Your first dmp file shows that it was the vegas pro that caused the issue. Also dxgkml.sys is a Direct X file so you probably solved the issue by installing the latest graphics driver. Your second dmp file points to a Dragon browser being the fault. Try un-installing and see if that helps.

I see you ran memtest and had errors. Normally this would mean either one or all sticks are bad. You'll need to run it on each individual stick to find the actual one. Saying this though, are you sure the settings are correct for your memory? I would check via the bios and if need be correct settings.

Thank you for your help, the only BSOD ive had since the BAD_POOL_CALLER one was also BAD_POOL_CALLER, but because of a stupid glitch with EasyCAP (turning on TV with it plugged in via USB). BTW i wouldn't mind if you cauld tell me how to get the BSOD Kernal Debugging symbols, i lost them a while ago when i re-installed windows. My ram slots the last time i opened my case also somehow had a rubber band beside them, possibly the prob. Does AMIBIOS have an option to change your RAM settings, because this ram is at a higher clock than my old.

and srry about getting impatient, you get that way after a MOBO dies after a string of BSOD's (last time i ever use a biostar).

Hi,
you can find all things relating to dmp files here: Download and Install Debugging Tools for Windows

As for changing RAM settings. It depends on the bios as your already aware. If you have a quality motherboard then they should be in the bios but basic cheaper models won't have this option (normally). It does sound from what you say that your issues could be caused by incorrect RAM settings so I'd personally at least have a look to see if any settings can be found.

Hi,

thanks for the dmp files. They are showing memory faults so please test your RAM using Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool Only test one stick at a time so you know which one is the culprit if it errors out. Oh as the RAM is new please ensure you have the correct settings enabled in the bios.

I checked, no settings for that in the bios, though my bios is dated back to 2009. Im getting MSI liveupdate and hope it has a safe noob-proof way to update. Im too scared to flash cause ive seen what can happen, and i don't need Bad Checksum POST errors on startup, not to mention a bricked mobo.

plan on doing that l8er (more like putting it off in fear!). I was recommended to run ComboFix, so i did. it deleted some files from the SysWow64 folder, so that might have fixed it.

Yet another BSOD, this time the instant i clicked a video on YouTube. I really have to thank everyone here for the help, i feel like ill get an answer at some point. Tomorrow i might try the thing with the RAM with only 1 stick at a time, if only one is bad, ill send it back, if 2 are bad, send it back and find a new brand! didn't update bios yet, like i said, im scarred (should get over my fears being as im entering VOTECH for electronics next year).

DMP's Below:
View attachment This is getting old Microsoft!!!.zip

Last edited:
Hi, I checked the dmp. Bugcheck 1a which was caused by your browser. This again points to memory issues and this page will explain it better than I: Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT You really need to check your RAM.. Edit: Just to add, regarding Bios flashing: It's certainly true that flashing a bios is a risky business....BUT... Much has changed from the bad old days and as long as you don't your power cut off or something equally catastrophic then chances are you'll be fine. Most manufacturers now do some form of app which will flash the bios for you. Just search the motherboard website or read your manual.

Last edited:
Additionally you may want to also consider updating, upgrading, uninstalling or renaming the following pre-Windows 7 RTM drivers still present on your computer
KMWDFILTER.sys4/29/2009Looks like a Kensington Mouse DriverLink Removed due to 404 Error
PROCEXP113.SYS11/3/2008Very Old Sysinternal Process Explorer DriverProcess Explorer
StkCMini.sys6/27/2007Syntek USB Video Mini DriverLink Removed due to 404 Error
StkCPipe.sys12/21/2006Syntek USB Video Pipeline DriverLink Removed due to 404 Error
wacommousefilter.sys2/16/2007Wacom driver Link Removed due to 404 Error
If Blue Screens persist, then try it without your Symantec / Norton Software installed.
Remove it completely using the programs uninstaller if present or the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel. Follow that up by running this proprietary vendor specific removal tool from here https://www-secure.symantec.com/nor...t=home&pvid=f-home&version=1&lg=english&ct=us
Replace it for the time being with MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom