Windows 10 Edge very slow on YouTube.com

anotherwindowsuser

In March there was quite a big update on my computer which took a whopping 30 minutes for the computer to install with three reboots (bare in mind this computer takes about 10-13 seconds to start that's a long time) and since then it seems that Edge browser is now loading up YouTube very slowly, there is some kind of service worker in the background that appears to take 6 seconds to start (see attached picture) - did anyone else get this issue lately? Also what can I do because I have cleared cache as much as I can. Even clicking on the alerts buttong to load up comments of videos I interacted with takes an age. I read an old article saying edge was slow because it didn't have certain API's and Chrome was much faster because it did. Any help welcome.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 131
In March there was quite a big update on my computer which took a whopping 30 minutes for the computer to install with three reboots (bare in mind this computer takes about 10-13 seconds to start that's a long time) and since then it seems that Edge browser is now loading up YouTube very slowly, there is some kind of service worker in the background that appears to take 6 seconds to start (see attached picture) - did anyone else get this issue lately? Also what can I do because I have cleared cache as much as I can. Even clicking on the alerts buttong to load up comments of videos I interacted with takes an age. I read an old article saying edge was slow because it didn't have certain API's and Chrome was much faster because it did. Any help welcome.

I am sorry to hear that you have this problem. I will be glad to help you solve it, though.

1. Repair Edge. To do this go to Settings>Apps>Apps and Features and type "Microsoft Edge" in the search box. Click Advanced Options and select "Repair."

2. Reset Edge. To do this go to Settings>Apps>Apps and Features and type "Microsoft Edge" in the search box. Click Advanced Options and select "Reset."

3. Reinstall Edge.

I am sorry to hear that you have this problem. I will be glad to help you solve it, though.

1. Repair Edge. To do this go to Settings>Apps>Apps and Features and type "Microsoft Edge" in the search box. Click Advanced Options and select "Repair."

2. Reset Edge. To do this go to Settings>Apps>Apps and Features and type "Microsoft Edge" in the search box. Click Advanced Options and select "Reset."

3. Reinstall Edge.

I'll try this thanks but what does repair do if I need to reinstall it anyway?

OK well something is very strange here, I tried step 1 a repair, no difference, I tried step 2 a rest which it warned I was going to lose all my history, favourites and site settings etc. This DID NOT happen and after I rebooted the PC I was still logged into YouTube.com and when finally I went to do step 3, it has the "uninstall" button faded out and I cannot use it?? How is this possible? I even closed Edge just in case it running was an issue, I still couldn't uninstall it.

Attachments

• Captureuninstall.PNG
    Captureuninstall.PNG
    185 KB · Views: 129
Someone suggested I remove the folder and reinstall Edge via powershell as per this video. I am curious to know if there might be issues with this procedure?

You should try using another browser like google chrome, mozilla firefox or opera. Let see what happen next.

I went to the MS website and reinstalled it, it didn't even advise me I was installing edge when it was already there, anyway this solved the problem, thank you all for your efforts.

Back