HiAs long as is there isn't any mac filtering and you have the password, you should have no issues connecting to the wireless with the laptop. Some items to confirm.
- When you are supplied with a list of SSIDs (wireless network names) do you see yours available?
- If no, you will want to check and see that the router and your laptop both support at least 1 common wireless standard 802.11a,b,g,n,ac
- That you have the wireless nic driver installed
- If you can see the network are you able to attempt to connect and allowed to enter your password?
- Does it show that it is connected, no !s or Xs on the wireless icon near the system time (bottom right)
- At this point if you have been successful, open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and post a screen shot or the text at least