Windows 7 emails 'lost' from hotmail

Neil23

I have windows 7 and have had hotmail for many tears and several hundred (thousands) of emails...

I logged in earlier today from my pc (I do log in several times a day) and all of the emails have gone... seems to be some connection with 'outlook'

I then logged in using my kindle.... and the emails are still showing...

Can someone please help how to make sure I haven't lost several years worth of work (I work for myself) related emails?

ps... the above was using Chrome and Firefox.. but logging in with Microsoft Explorer emails are there...

can anyone advise?
ps... 'hotmail' - is now maildotlivedotcom

1) how to export all emails/contact so that I have them and
2) what is going on?

Last edited:
2) what is going on?
No official word from Microsoft yet but the issue is at their end... if you can't get to your emails using a pc then try using a phone... the servers should still have all your mail backed up and I assume Microsoft will get it fixed soon.

Thanks ussnorway - is this definite that it is a Microsoft problem?
If I download Microsoft Essentials Mail and install email could I then download emails on my local computer?

is this definite that it is a Microsoft problem?
Its definite that Microsoft is having big issues with their servers;
they released a buggy new wx build, they are updating the email servers and of course its xmas time which is always high traffic with deforce forces calling home... the servers control the store, hotmail, updates, onedrive and skype so they are all under heavy loads with no word on when it will be fixed.

you may also have other issues at your end as well.

If I download Microsoft Essentials Mail and install email could I then download emails on my local computer?
I would assume downloading emails to your system will time out before you get any useful data off the server but you can try it... I'd just wait until it's fixed if I was you.

This has now 'changed' - when using Chrome first thing in the morning (or when switching the computer on) log in and all emails are viewable... login after that at any time and the emails are not there... is there a sync issue of some type? or what is happening?

is there a sync issue of some type?
The Australian server was down (well under very heavy loads) for most of last week but it is back up now and fyi all our privacy options got reset… I expect they are doing the clusters in sets and should have it fixed soon.

Back