Windows 10 Epson WF 2760, answering machine, Comcast Gateway

Peterr

Fantastic Member
I think my setup does not need all the wires I used although it works.

I ran the wall line to the Comcast gateway which has a splitter plugged in to it. From the gateway splitter I ran a line to a splitter. That splitter ran one line to the Epson All in One and the other line from the splitter to the answering machine.

Instead of all that could I have, run the wall line to the Comcast gateway splitter. Then run a line from that splitter to the Epson line in and from the Epson ext to the answering machine.
The fax is on 6 rings and the answering machine on 4.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but I am handicapped and it is hard for me to actually test this out.

In other words, did I run an extra line which has the splitter in my current set up?

I am not too techy with wiring and do remember the Comcast man mentioning back feed.
The only hand held device I have is a tan odd looking splitter which is in the #1 port of the gateway telephony. I do not know what an RJ 11 is - perhaps it is the device that plugs into the gateway I just mentioned as a tan unit?
When I get a nimble body here I will try to eliminate that cable.

I will Google magic Jack.
TY

I tried but altho the machine accepted the fax it would not print. I then connected them as described above and the fax printed out.

Back