Windows 7 Error 080004005 Unspecified Error

sssteve72

Anyone had this error trying to extract a zip file? That should have bee n ox80004005

I'm just right clicking on the file in Windows Explorer and choosing extract all. It seems to make a folder then lock up then give me this error. It doesnt happen with every zip file but with some of them no matter the size of the file.

Have you updated your soundcard driver. MAny times this error is given because of a corrupt sound card. I know the sound card has nothing to do with extracting files but this is the only solution i have seen iin the past.

Have you updated your soundcard driver. MAny times this error is given because of a corrupt sound card. I know the sound card has nothing to do with extracting files but this is the only solution i have seen iin the past.

Nope.. (Didn't think of that)

Actually I couldn't even install my soundcard driver because the file wouldn't extract. I'll see if I can copy it over to my XP drive and extract it with XP. For some reason when I open XP I can't access all the files on the drive that I have Windows 7 on. It gives me access denied messages. I'm administrator on both systems.

In my device manager it just says "High Definition Audio Device" and says working properly I forget what sound card I have. Its onboard with the ASUS P6T Deluxe. I guess windows 7 just installed a driver it found appropriate.

interesting. i am able to open my two other partitions on the same hard drive and access them completely. All i had to do was open the file and then provide administrative privileges to do it. Do you have UAC turned on or off?

interesting. i am able to open my two other partitions on the same hard drive and access them completely. All i had to do was open the file and then provide administrative privileges to do it. Do you have UAC turned on or off?

I've never touched the UAC so if its on by default then on.

These are completely physically seperate hard drives. and I was trying to access files on the drive that has windows 7 installed. But I was accessing it while booted up in XP. Some of the folders were have the transparent appearance and won't let me access them. Like system files.

Last edited:
ok jw. Um well idk then this is a very weird situation. I would install 7-zip for the time being and use it to extract files.

ok jw. Um well idk then this is a very weird situation. I would install 7-zip for the time being and use it to extract files.

doh... i copied the file over to the xp drive but there must be something wrong with the file i was trying to extract because i get an error in xp also.

Here is the good news.

I got the drivers for my soundcard installed.

Soundmax Integrated digital HD audio.

Seems to work fine.

Last edited:
I have similar problem. If I want copy file to disk C I get this error, all my downloads from internet was unsiccsseful.
I download and install chipset inf for Windows 8.1 64bit from Gigabyte web site and everithing is OK.
Hope that works for you too.

Back
Top Bottom