Windows Vista Error after reinstall

jasonw

Ok so everything is working good on the desktop now other than the network. I can access the computer vista/vista but when I try to access it with XP/Vista I get the following error.

""\\**name of Vista PC** is not accessible. You might not have permission to
use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find
out if you have access permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer."

Any advice? Please enplane in stupid person terms so I can understand. Thanks.

FYI. "Desktop" shows up in the workgroup folder on the XP netbook but when clicked on the error shows up

Unfortunately that did not work. I still get the same error but I also just noticed when accessing XP from the Vista machine it prompts me for a user name and password. I put those in and it says its wrong. I know its not wrong because I log into the both machines every day. They both use the same user name and passwords. All my computers do to help from confusing me.

Ok if I turn off password protected sharing it will work now. Am I safe from infections or unwanted visitors this way though?

It should only be turned off if your on a safe and secure network... Anything else won't do.

What is a safe secure network? My router has a firewal, windows also has a fire wall but I can not access my computers unless password protected sharing is off. From XP to Vista its not even a matter of knowing or not knowing a password, I wont even give me an opportunity,

In other words, if you think it's safe enough and you've got your bases covered then by all means use that method..:)

Back