Windows 7 Error code 0x80070057

Hello there,

I have an HP 15-G013CL that I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 (64-bit) on.
A little background to the cause of the error: I first tried to do a clean install of Windows 7 (32-bit). This led me to an error that I received before Windows even started up. The error said "Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt."

I was told by someone on the HP Forum that it may have been because I am installing the wrong version of Windows (I was doing 32-bit instead of 64-bit). Apparently the OEM Operating System was 64-bit. Now I am trying to do a clean install with the 64-bit (note that I did not delete anything and am unsure if the first OS installed, just tried to do another clean install with the 64-bit version).

The Windows 7 Installer started! But first ran into an issue where I was unable to select the partition that was available. There were 2 options, and I had deleted both of them, since it said I was not able to use either one to Install Windows 7 (sorry my details are kind of vague here). After deleting both disks, I was able to click "Next."

Now I've received an error saying my installation was cancelled because "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code 0x80070057."

Any idea how I can solve this error and do a new clean install of Windows 7 on my laptop?

Thank you!

I would try removing any existing partitions, you can do this from the installer by selection advanced and delete the existing partitions

Thanks for your reply. Tried to remove all partitions and it allowed me to continue. Unfortunately, after the installer finished, my laptop rebooted and took me to another error page. I've attached an image to show the error screen. Got this error trying to install Windows 7 64-bit. Any other suggestions that may be able to help my laptop set up? :(

Attachments

• IMG_2060.JPG
    IMG_2060.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 665
Hello,

This disc I am using to install the OS was previously used with another laptop just days ago to successfully install Windows 7. It was however a different HP model, not sure if that makes a difference.

I've tried installing again and ran into a different error. I've attached 2 images. The second image shows the step I took (which partition I chose), and the first image shows that error that came up. Tried Googling the error but couldn't find the solution.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 441
  • IMG_2062.JPG
    IMG_2062.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 433
0x8007045D is an I/O error could either be a problem reading from the disc, or writing to the hard disk. If you didn't delete the partitions in the second pictures you should. Then install.

Back
Top Bottom