Windows 7 Error code 43 in device manager on the USB hub

pedersbr

Hey all, I got Windows 7 ultimate 64bit from microsoft technet. Everything is working fine except for the USB ports in the back of my computer, when i go to device manager I get the error: Code 43Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), I have tried the drivers for my motherboard from the Gigabyte site, the ones for Vista 64bit, but no luck, Please help

Hey all, I got Windows 7 ultimate 64bit from microsoft technet. Everything is working fine except for the USB ports in the back of my computer, when i go to device manager I get the error: Code 43Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), I have tried the drivers for my motherboard from the Gigabyte site, the ones for Vista 64bit, but no luck, Please help

It appears that you're not the only person having this issue. It appears specific to 7 64-bit...
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I can't see this link because I'm at school, the other page I looked this up on says this is the fix. Maybe you could check it out and tell me if it's anything useful?
REMOVED LINK due to unknown file contents

Last edited:
That link you posted doesnt show anything, it wants me to download a file

Ugh... Well I don't condone that or recommend that you do...

Well this makes me curious... Do those USB ports have anything plugged into them when the error message comes up? Or is that malfunction popup always coming up before you even put anything into the ports?

Was this ever happening before you installed Windows 7?

Ugh... Well I don't condone that or recommend that you do...

Well this makes me curious... Do those USB ports have anything plugged into them when the error message comes up? Or is that malfunction popup always coming up before you even put anything into the ports?

Was this ever happening before you installed Windows 7?

Before I installed Windows 7 I was using Windows XP 32bit and everything was working fine, This error appears before I plug anything into them, when I plug a USB device into them it doesn't even register that the computer found them, Whats weird is when i plug in my USB mousepad with a neon border it lights up.

Before I installed Windows 7 I was using Windows XP 32bit and everything was working fine, This error appears before I plug anything into them, when I plug a USB device into them it doesn't even register that the computer found them, Whats weird is when i plug in my USB mousepad with a neon border it lights up.

Not that I'm an expert or anything... But do you think it's possible that the company who manufactured your motherboard only made those USB bus drivers for 32-bit environments? If this is the first 64-bit operating system you've run since XP, try using the 64-bit drivers from XP. Perhaps they are the only ones that are compatible.

Not that I'm an expert or anything... But do you think it's possible that the company who manufactured your motherboard only made those USB bus drivers for 32-bit environments? If this is the first 64-bit operating system you've run since XP, try using the 64-bit drivers from XP. Perhaps they are the only ones that are compatible.

I tried those and it didnt work :(

I'm afraid I'm stuck then. The only other suggestion I would have would be to open your tower and make sure that everything around the USB ports is firmly in place and stacked to the motherboard. Something may have 'jiggled' out of place, it's happened to me before, that's why I suggest it. :redface:

I'm no technical expert though, if that's not it, there are some very helpful people who will see this and let you know something. Sorry I couldn't help you with this. Just keep being patient. :cool:

I'm afraid I'm stuck then. The only other suggestion I would have would be to open your tower and make sure that everything around the USB ports is firmly in place and stacked to the motherboard. Something may have 'jiggled' out of place, it's happened to me before, that's why I suggest it. :redface:

I'm no technical expert though, if that's not it, there are some very helpful people who will see this and let you know something. Sorry I couldn't help you with this. Just keep being patient. :cool:

I appreciate all the advice :) I just wanna get this resolved lol

What was the fix other people had???

There was no news, and it ended up being an issue with either a video driver or some versions of WestGate harddrives conflicting with with USB I/O.

If it was an external USB harddrive problem, there was a fix.

I just searched around on google for "USB error 43 W7"

Hi

I had the exact same error this morning......I uninstalled Nokia Conectivity Driver (which I installed yesterday), left the pc for 2 minnutes, and w7 reinstalled my usb drivers. Not it`s working perrfect.

Maybe I`m a happy case who solved this problem outta nothing....but..if there are some of u whom installed " Nokia Connectivity Driver/or smth like that" uninstall it and it`ll get fixed . :)
Hope I could have helped u guys.

hi
when i go to device manager I get the error: Code 43Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43), I have tried the drivers for my motherboard from the Gigabyte site, the ones for Vista 64bit, but no luck, Please help

Back