Windows 7 Error in installing windows 7, installer cant detect hard disk

hemanth022

I messed up whilst installing windows 7 over older windows 7 drive. I formatted the windows 7 drive and again tried to deleted that partition, but that deletion process took around 10-15 minutes, so restarted my system. Now i cannot install any of the windows os or even linux :(. Please anybody help me out to solve this problem.

So you now have a drive with no OS on it, or anything else like data or a recovery partition you need to keep?

You installed Windows on the same partition as an earlier install, then decided to delete that same partition?

But if you want to clean the drive, you can use Diskpart. Boot to the Install DVD and on the first screen hit Shift+F10. Then type Diskpart and wait for it to stop. Then look for and select the drive you want form the disk list. This will clean everything off the drive, so if you have something you want to keep, you need to use some method to move it.

Diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
<-- make sure correct disk is chosen from list
clean
exit
exit

So you now have a drive with no OS on it, or anything else like data or a recovery partition you need to keep?

You installed Windows on the same partition as an earlier install, then decided to delete that same partition?

But if you want to clean the drive, you can use Diskpart. Boot to the Install DVD and on the first screen hit Shift+F10. Then type Diskpart and wait for it to stop. Then look for and select the drive you want form the disk list. This will clean everything off the drive, so if you have something you want to keep, you need to use some method to move it.

Diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
<-- make sure correct disk is chosen from list
clean
exit
exit

Thanks for your reply, but when i boot from installation dvd, it's simply loading for so long time :(

Last edited:
Back